Friday, November 3, 2017

Scissors Wall Decor

Hello!! Happy Friday, today I have a vintage-inspired wall hanging featuring this amazing pair of vintage styled scissors. The Scissors Wall Decor is a beautiful piece with the daintiest lady cameo. Once I added some color to them they became even more stunning. Scroll thru to see the process.




I built my collage assemblage on a small sized Tim Holtz Etcetera tag. I started by adhering some paper from the Tim Holtz Dapper Paper Stack. Once dry add Distress Collage Medium. Once the Crazing Medium has air dried highlight the crazing with Distress Crayons. 




Layer a piece of linen fabric beneath a piece of ticking fabric from the Eclectic Elements Dapper line. Sew around edges. With a palette knife spread Ranger Ink Texture Paste Opaque Crackle medium thru stencil. Allow to air dry. Once dry using a blending tool to add color to Crackle Paste. 



Using an Embossing Dabber add embossing ink to body of scissors. Sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set. Because this is such a large piece work in sections when embossing. 



I knew I wanted my scissors to be black, but after they sat for awhile I decided that plain black was kind of boring. I added highlights with Metallique Wax. I love the way the wax highlighted the differing textures of the heat embossing. 







I wanted the circle behind the cameo to look like a ceramic insert. I covered the piece with the Opaque Crackle Paste. Once dry I coated with Distress Collage Medium and added detail with Distress Crayons. For the cameo piece using the Embossing Dabber add embossing ink, sprinkle on gold embossing powder and heat set. 


The gold wax brings out some amazing details and adds to the aged look of the scissors. 



Prepare ephemera for collage assemblage by distressing edges and adding ink as desired. 


I made a tiny faux needle package with a piece of parchment paper and a stamp from Tim Holtz's Haberdashery set. I stamped the image onto the parchment paper and heat set. Then folded it into a package and added some Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink for an aged look. The parchment paper adds a nice texture and folding over flaps in the back adds some dimension to the piece. 



Look at that crackle!! It makes my heart skip a beat. 


I'm so excited to find the perfect spot in my studio for this piece. The Scissors Wall Decor really packs a vintage punch with just a few simple steps. I hope you find some time to get creative today. As always thanks for stopping by!! Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 

4 comments:

  1. I think this is fantastic. Love how it has such a great vintage feel. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning piece of collage Jennalee, and those scissors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete