Friday, July 21, 2017

Embark

Hello!! Today I have a project featuring an inspiring piece from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  

When I sat down to start this project I had a totally different piece picked out that I wanted to play with, but this Reliquary Arch Top called my name. I have learned that some of my favorite projects are those where you follow what calls you, and this project was no exception.


I started out by painting the entire piece gold. I used Liquitex Basics because it offers great coverage with minimal coats and it has a nice sheen to it. 




I then embossed the top arch piece with Burnt Copper Leaves. I put it on quite thick. And melted it a little longer than normal to give it some movement and to really get the different layers of colors in the powder to mix and swirl together. 



I covered the back of the arch with a piece of resin paper. Resin paper has a nice translucent quality so the choice of gold paint on the background shines thru. I stamped the image of a girl peeking thru a keyhole and colored with chalk pastels and colored pencils. I chose paper resin butterfly wings again for the sturdiness and translucent quality. 


I then adhered the resin paper to the arch background and allowed to dry. I then glued the arch top onto the background and clipped while it dried. 



While that was drying I started fussing with the placement of my wings and girl. I decided that she needed some sort of crown. I had a key from the Keys and Plates Shape Set sitting on my work table. When I began looking at it the top reminded me of a crown. I embossed the top portion of the key with gold embossing powder.


It fit my image perfectly and I like the added message of knowing that it came from a key. 



I embossed both sides of a key hole with Burnt Copper Leaves and later attached to the back as a hanging bracket. 



I then finished off the back by writing myself a message in a very messy script. 

To finish off the piece I stamped on black card stock the work Embark from a mini alphabet set and heat embossed in gold. I then used my hole punch and punched out the letters and applied to the bottom of the arch piece. 


Thank you for spending a few minutes with me today. Happy Creating!! ~Jennalee

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts used:

Other Items used:










2 comments:

  1. I love your creations and this one is no exception! so beautiful and all the details make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ann!! Your kind comments always bring me a smile :)

      Delete