Thursday, July 20, 2017

Distress Oxides Monoprinting

Hello!! Have you guys gotten your hands on Tim Holtz's Distress Oxides? 

They are one of my favorite new products of 2017. 

I have a quick easy tutorial to share with you today.



Have you ever tried monoprinting with a stencil? 
It was a new technique to me. Thanks to Paula @luckyday for the idea. 
It's so easy and the end result is just beautiful!! 

Supplies:
Manilla Tags 
Muslin - optional
Distress Oxide - Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey
Blending Tool
Spray Bottle 


Using Blending Tool add ink to BACK of stencil. 


Spray the inked stencil with water. 


Flip stencil over onto tag or piece of muslin. Then carefully press down. Take care not to slide the stencil or press too hard causing the excess water to leak out. Heat set. At this point you can continue to spray the Oxide inks if desired. 


I really enjoy using on Oxides on muslin. It has such a unique effect. Plus, the added benefit of making a piece of fabric to match your project. 


I hope you enjoyed this quick and simple tutorial. 

Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty! I'm going to try at home w the reg distress pads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti!! You should definitely give it a try. Let me know how it works for you!!

    ReplyDelete